1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Discount Tools Through GM TRUCK CLUB

Discussion in 'GMTC Merchandise' started by ChevyFan, Nov 16, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

My uncle used to own a large industrial tool wholesale company in the 80's and 90's. He sold out to his business partner in the late 90's, but now he is back and ready to get back into the game.

SO, EVERYONE HERE HAS AN OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN A TOOL GROUP BUY.

What types of tools does everyone want? Let's get a discussion going on in this thread and see if we can't figure out something that we can sell a lot of for a crazy low price. Obviously this can't be a specialty tool, but it could be something like a set of spare wrenches, flashlights, drill bits, drills, etc. He was big into machine-shop parts and supplies in the past, but he's got connections just about everwhere so who knows what we could do.

So, if you are interested - just reply here with some of your wants and let's see what we can come up with.

Please list:
    - What type of tool you want
    - Please be specific
    - How many you want
    - What you're looking to pay
    - When do you need it

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

I was just told that this could even include pneumatic tools (air tools) as well.

Die grinders, impact wrenches, drills, ratchet, angle grinder. hand and pistol grip etc..
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  2. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Member 100 Posts

I'm interested, would love to get some more air tools, just about anything really. Wouldn't mind a new floor jack actually.
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

a good led flashlight, some ractcheting box wrenches. i know i could use some of those, bottlejack.

Alex
  4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

How about torque wrenches?
  5. ChevyFan

Ok, good stuff so fast. Lets get as much input a possible on this.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Why can't he live by me??? I am looking for a hand hold ractchit 1/2 in I got the 1/4in already and use it alot for tight spaces..
  7. ChevyFan

That's what we are talking about. Getting a national discount for everybody on here through a big group buy.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

... And shipped to your door.
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

NOW you post this? I just bought 6-ton jack stands (rated per stand), an 8 ton bottle jack, a grease gun, and a torque wrench. Argh!

I'm kinda looking for weird stuff ... a 9.5k Warn Winch, on board air (ideally under-hood or on-winch), some kind of organizer for my truck box so crap isn't just everywhere within it, and a roof-mounted, low-profile/aerodynamic light bar with front/rear/alley light control of all-white lighting for use as work lights ... and none of that flashing nonsense.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  9. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Im always interested in almost any tools that can be used on anything from a Tractor trailer to lawn mower.
  10. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

- I could use some new drill bits, a new low pro floor jack, 2 more jack stands, torque wrench, air hose quick disconnects and fittings, and I'm sure I can think of more things.
    -floor jack must be over 3.5 ton, jack stands to hold a fullsize pick up, standard ft/lbs torque wrench.
    -I'd like to keep my cost under $200
    - I don't have a certain time frame, just whenever available!