Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Distributer Question, Non Urgent

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Quikfire, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Quikfire

Quikfire Member

Morning guys,

I'm looking into replacing my distributer sometime soon. I would like some advice on a higher performance mid range priced new one. Anybody got ideas?

The Burb is a 99 1500 4X4 with a 5.7 motor. Basically stock with the exception of a 3 inch lift and 33 inch tires. As soon as the tires wear out, I plan on down sizing those.

Thanks for any info.

2. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

morning.....I am not a Mechanic, but whenever I have done tune-ups in the past, especially on
    older vehicles, I go right back to stock/dealer items for ignition/timing items
    like distributor,wires,plugs,rotor......Just my preference, and I was once told the vehicle would
    run to factory set specs better if it had origianl factory set parts.
    Brian from Canada...

3. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

When I bought my 97 Suburban I found that one of the screws holding down the distributer cap had stripped out the baseplate. I pulled the distributer to find out the whole thing is made of plastic. After a few choice words about GM's bean counters, I replaced the whole distributer with one made by Davis Unified ignition. I had used their products in the past and have been very happy with them. Summit has them for $189.00.