distributor cap & rotor replacement '96 Suburban C-1500 2wd

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by hiwaycruzer, Dec 23, 2009.

1. hiwaycruzer

hiwaycruzer New Member

Hello,
    It looks like the air intake assy needs to come off to access the distributor cap on my 5.7. I loosened the plastic wing nut, but the air box wont budge. It looks like it's been glued to the throttle body with silicone. I don't want to use a pry bar and wind up breaking something.
    Any help concerning removing air box and proper procedure for replacing distributor cap and rotor would be greatly appreciated!

2. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

There is a bolt that holds it down too if I remember correctly, might want to take another look at it.

3. hiwaycruzer

hiwaycruzer New Member

Thanks for the input!

Thanks Chevyboy96, I appreciate the input. I found the hold down bolt you mentioned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiwaycruzer 1996 GMC Suburban LT C1500 2WD 5.7 214K mi.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  4. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

NO BOLT !!!!!!!! Only the plastic wing nut,,,but if the plastic cracked it will not turn the nut !!!!!!!

Then u have to use some needlenose plyers and take the nut off.

the clip in front is what kind of holds it down aswell, after the nut is off u need to slide it forward by lifting it !
    Ofcoarse u need to take the intake hose off first. Makes it alot easyer.:lol: