DIY bed liners/cheaper alternatives

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by BigRed07, Jun 21, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. BigRed07

BigRed07 New Member

Hey everybody,

First post here. I have a 07 silverado classic long bed and want to apply a bed liner. I have done my research on the big brands but was curious if there were any other spray on applications that a dealer could apply for <$500. Also, if it is worth it to even try and apply it myself or if that is just a waste of time/money. Thanks for the input!
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

In my opinion on a newer rig like yours i would take it in and have it done.. I have a 22 year old truck and use the spray in stuff. The roll on stuff works about as well meaning it doesnt hold up near as well as the professional applications. I would go for the nicer stuff, and I would shop around at different places since the price from one shop to another can vary as much as $150.
  3. BigRed07

BigRed07 New Member

Yea I was leaning toward that route. Im located in the good ole' state of Delaware working as an intern right now (aka my cash flow is limited!) and the lining professionals here (Rhino & Line-X) are charging btwn 530-600 for the 8ft bed. Do any users out there know of any discounted prices/locations here in the DE/MD/PA region. Thanks for the advice!
  4. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member 100 Posts

I used the do it yourself stuff and it looks great but if I had the money Id definitaly get it Rhino'd.
  5. wis bang

wis bang New Member 100 Posts

POR15 sells a two part spray on DIY kit that comes w/ it's own spray gun for $149.00 but like any of these systems you need to pay attention to the 'prep'...