1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

DIY Bedliner kit for wheel wells?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by JRD761, Jun 28, 2013.

1. JRD761

JRD761 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 2012 Silverado and am tired of the rear wheel well's looking like crap...

I've seen at the local auto parts store that they sell a Do-It-Yourself bedliner kit (Can't remember the brand, Want to say it's Rhino-Liner or Line-X or something like that). Has anyone used this as a wheel well liner instead of a bedliner? Think it would work?
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Why not buy GM wheel house liners, cost around $100, instals in 15 mins, doent leave a mess or require prep or clean up, looks good, cleans with a brush and hose and soapy water, quiets road noise from debris flying into the rear wheel wells, and wont chip/peel like liner.
  3. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I just got the rear wheel well liners installed. Cleaned up the open look real nice.
    Brian from Canada
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I prefer bed liner instead of the factory wheel well liners for a few reasons. The biggest one is that the plastic liners gives another place for water and other debris to sit and rust out the wheel wells.
  5. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I have the plastic wheel liners... they fit tight and close up much of the gaps behind and in front of the wheels. A key benefit is it protects the factory paint in the wheel wells from chipping giving a path for rust to start. As an additional layer of protection... I coated my wheel well with undercoating be I installed them.
  6. truc.karl

truc.karl New Member

A friend of mine used spray can liner from autozone and held up really good. Just scrub and degrease the area before applying the liner to obtain the best result.