1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do I have a PCM problem???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by 74chevy4life, Mar 12, 2010.

1. 74chevy4life

74chevy4life New Member

lets start from the beginning, I have a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer LS with the 4.2L inline, the fuel gauge was acting up, and the car stalled once and the exhaust smelt funny, after some research found that the problem was most likely was the result of a bad fuel pump, so i replaced it. When I completed the replacing the fuel pump i put in 10 gallons of gas and the gauge read correctly, i then let the truck run for a few minutes then then when i went to back out of my drive way the truck stalled out, so i restarted it with out a problem drove to the local gas station and filled it up and read correctly, then on the drive back home the gauge started to read incorrectly.
    Could this be a possible Powertrain control module problem?

Thanks for the advice in advance