Do I have to first remove my door window in order to take out the vent frame window??

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 80 grit, Mar 20, 2012.

1. 80 grit

80 grit Rockstar

I am replacing the rubber seals and repainting the vent frames and I wasn't sure if I could remove the vent frames with the windows still in place??? Thanks guys. Been a while since I've been on...my 89 is nearly done. Just a few more "punch out" items and it will be complete!

2. 80 grit

80 grit Rockstar

Come on fellas...someone has done this before....thanks.

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  4. 80 grit

80 grit Rockstar

Oh, sorry, it is for my 89 suburban 1500. Thanks.

5. mfleetwood

Ok...try this link. It should get you close to the info you are looking for, but you may have to scroll through a few pages to find it.

Also, pasted a diagram so you can see what all the parts are and where they are located. Not sure if that will be helpful, but it is about the best info I could find right now.

http://www.chiltonlibrary.com/ContentDelivery.aspx?ca=Repair

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  6. 80 grit

80 grit Rockstar

Thanks for the info bro. You have always been helpful to me. I am close to having the burban done. You probably remember it. It was the all black one with the 6" lift. I have a bunch of pics in older posts...anyway, thanks for the info.

Joe

7. mfleetwood

You're welcome Joe. Yes, now I remember....it's been a few months. You had (have) a ton going on with your Burb. In fact, I think I remember saying your user name stemmed from you sanding your Burb so much?!. Glad to see you're still checking in from time to time. I can't wait to see the pics of how it looks now.

8. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Yes, the main window has to come out first