1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do it yourself Bed liner

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by emtJoaquin, Nov 9, 2009.

1. emtJoaquin

emtJoaquin New Member

Hello all ,

Any experience with installing do it yourself bedliners ? I was looking at some on the net and it doesn't seem that difficult. Or should I just go pay to have it done. I don't do a lot of hauling so it mainly just for aftermarket and light carry's.

Thanks.

Also any one in the San Antonio Texas area that knows an installer for liners?
  2. ShortyzKustomz

ShortyzKustomz New Member

You have an air compressor? If so its very easy I've done alot of spray ins. My absolute favorite brand is Raptor Liner by UPOL... You can get it from most paint supply stores or most Napas as a complete kit. I have sprayed alot of different brands, and the easiest and best looking I've used is this kit by far. Prep the bed, mask off really good, def plastic the whole truck and take off your shoes, start at the front and do the front and sides, and work your way back on the floor. 1 kit (4 liters) is enough to do a long bed truck with 2 coats. Any more info PM me
  3. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive New Member

Herculiner is awesome stuff... You can either roll it on or I've seen people get good results from spraying it on with one of those cheap sand blasting guns. Very durable and looks great.
  4. shaggyiroc

shaggyiroc New Member

herculiner is great. the rubber pieces make everything stay in place. easy to install just make sure to scuff bed so all shiny areas are gone, clean well,tape off areas you dont want it take off shoes and start rollin. give second coat and youve got a nice, affordableand durable bed liner. i believe you can even get it three diff colors. red,blackand gray. ive had mine for 2 years and only have had the size of a quarter come off but i missed it scuffing it because it was still shiny. i throw quite a bit in the bed without care and it stiil holds up.
  5. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

I'll be a buzz-kill and say that my last pickup came with just a 3/8 thick rubber mat. I think it was Rubbermade, and it worked great. Nothing slipped around, heavy enough that it wouldn't blow around, and it was easy to pull out and wash the box.

I don't know what the bed liners cost, but I've seen LB mats at TSC for $60.

Good luck,
  6. Delmarva

Delmarva New Member

If you use herculiner, watch out for your hootus...

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18595
  7. dshewy14

dshewy14 New Member

dang man i just read that and you know thats gota suck.
  8. chevycamarado

chevycamarado New Member

omg i just read that link. how does that happen? haha.
  9. Delmarva

Delmarva New Member

I love that story... :lol:
  10. mhevezi

mhevezi New Member