Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Do K&N cold air kits actually do anything on a Silverado?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by stchman, Nov 29, 2012.

1. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

My truck runs a lot better but it sure made it a lot louder!

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That would be the problem. I've got a good metal fab shop, body/paint shop, transmission guy, and upholstery shop. I've also got a good mechanic I trust with day-to-day things like tire rotations (I can't lift my tires due to back issues) and oil changes (I have him do basis since he's rotating my tires).

Electrical/alarm/audio work -- the folks here are for the birds. So are customizers who do interior work like dash panels. Just all kinds of bad...

3. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Well, brother, I am sorry to hear that. We have a lot of car collectors around here who take their stuff to the places I use. That is one reason why they are around.

Also sorry to hear of your back issues. I have a left lateral herniated disc at L2-L3. It causes the Quadratus Lumborum to spasm as soon as I get out of bed. But so far the exercises I was given have managed the problem enough that it only usually interferes with the first couple of hours of my day.

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

[​IMG] And the price of tea in China this week is.........

Sorry.. Anyway I do have to say Some of the better Co's (like K&N) Do back up what they say on the filters they sell..
    True sometimes you will not feel it till you are WOT They do inhouse Dyno on every product they make to back up what they say. This said you also have to look at the filter removing dirt before it enters. Some say they are better but they don't have the Plys that K&N uses.. I've seen the K&N display with a Green filter in it which showed more air going in then both the K&N and stock BUT you could also put some dirt in there and see how much gets by. Do the same with your stock or K&N and Less gets through.. I've done it a few times..:sign0020: one time in front of the Green Rep.. He don't like me too much...[​IMG] Any way there is also the differance between a chrome and Black tube. I was told for a Little more Cool air go with the Black. If you want the Coolness factor then the Chrome will do...

Anyway Good luck And if you do want more info you can always go here.. http://www.knfilters.com/register/feedback.aspx

5. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I use K&N filters on most of my vehicles because of one thing. They are reuseable. They save you money in the long run. I like that. But I don't think they make any difference in performance.

6. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

No joke, my father in laws MPG went from 15.8 to 18.2 after the intake. I would say this is an atypical situation but I'm glad it worked out. He was skeptical but I bought it for him as a bday present. He drives a silverado extended cab 2004 4x4