1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do the 2000-2006 model years allow me to load 4x8 sheets?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by chrispitude, Dec 21, 2012.

1. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

I went to see a 2005 Yukon XL today. I could not figure out how to do anything with the second row seats and neither could the salesperson. The vehicle was also absolutely trashed and not worth the time to go see it, but that's another story. It was a disappointing trip. Looks like I'll have to track down another one to see how the seats work.
  2. Jamm3r

Jamm3r Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Next time you see one:

There is a little fabric tab in the middle of the seat where the bottom and back cushion meet. Pull it up and forward and you can lift the seat bottom out of the way. Then remove the headrest from the seat back, place it in the storage holes in the seat bottom, and fold the seat back forward using the release down by the floor.

The seat bottoms aren't latched down so if you can't find the tab for whatever reason just pull them up some other way.
  3. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

With my tahoe..(2000) There is a tab that Jamm3r talked about..You pull it and the seat part lifts and folds forward. then you just push the back of the seat down, and the head rests fold backward. so it actually stays attached... (I actually keep them folded even when the seats are out so they aren't obstructing and of my view..)

- - - Updated - - -

Thats why I have my tahoe so I can have the covered cargo area, as well as the full four door, long bed dually. AND a trailer. Covered in all ways.. hhaha
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Me! Me! Ooooo, me!

Note: When looking at properties that have garages I roll out the tape measure and make sure it's at LEAST 21 feet deep as that's the bare minimum to get my truck into a garage -- and that's got mere inches of play at each end.
  5. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Well guys, I will soon be the new owner of a used 2006 GMC Yukon XL. It has the second-row bench seat. Gotta wait for paperwork, vehicle transport, etc., but we sure are excited to get it!
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Well congrats, it will be fun.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The Best of Both Worlds.....:great: move2.jpg switch.jpg Avalanche Baby!!!
  8. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Were you living in your truck in the second pic because that looks like blankets and a pillow to me....
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Photo-0061.jpg Must have been one of my camping weekends...:shocked: