1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do you back into your parking spot?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by AnimalYates, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Chevyfuzz

Chevyfuzz New Member

I almost always back in. I agree with Iceman 100% I never worked for UPS, but after driving fire apparatus and ambulances for 10 years before my current profession, Iceman's rationale definitely makes sense...!! I drive a 2000 Hyundai Accent as my beater car back and forth to work and I can do a U-turn in the middle of the road it's so short - but I still back it in...
  2. gjg55

gjg55 New Member

I usually try to back in, and park away from everyone else. Don't mind walking a little to save a few dings. Also, makes it much easier to pull out, too many careless drivers going too fast in parking lots these days...
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member 100 Posts

At work, since I am usually the first driver there, I will just pull straight on through two spots so it looks like I backed in. Stores and stuff, I do the same thing pretty much. At home, I usually pull in forward since it's easier to access my truck through my garage, plus getting out I just back up towards the house where nobody parks.
  4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I always back in. I love watching people with a crew cab dually or a suburban trying to pull in. It usually ends up in a very bad park job with someone getting the sqeezejob of the unlucky bast$@d that parked next to them
  5. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member 100 Posts

I almost never park to long bed trucks for that exact reason. I don't know why, but even people with regular cab long beds can't park them around here. It's not hard at all!
  6. Pancake2010

Pancake2010 New Member

The reason i back in is because its the way that my dad taught me. He always told me as a kid that you can tell by the people who give a **** are the ones who back in. I often found out that its easier to pull out of a parking spot than backing out also. Thinking about it really becomes easier if you find yourself needing a jump, especially when driving a ford haha.
  7. Kady

Kady New Member 100 Posts

I personally always back in, No matter what I'm driving. Always did, always will... Not to mention, Chances of someone being in the spot you're pulling into are alot slimmer than someone walking to their cars where you're trying to pull out of.. So you have a great chance of hitting someone pulling in and backing out than you do backing it in and pulling out...

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

You've obviously never watched me park.. I used to have a suburban, and now I drive the crew cab boyfriends dually everyday... I back it in like a champ... :)
  8. peanutbuttersports

peanutbuttersports New Member

i back in as much as i can

i piss some many people off cause they have to wait to move but oh welll

but i can't back in @ school
  9. elkhornsun

elkhornsun New Member

I see cars and trucks every day in any parking lot with nice dents in the rear where the driver backed into something they failed to see. It takes longer to back into a space and I risk hitting someone on the process so it seems like a dumb thing to do and I try to avoid doing dumb things as much as possible figuring in the long run I will be better off as will the people around me. As or pissing people off and thinking "oh welll", well that is what is wrong with this country - too many people who could care less about the impact of their actions on others. No weapons of mass destruction - oh well. 20,000 American soldiers dead and another 50,000 missing limbs or with brain damage - oh well. Or as Rumsfeld put it so eloquently - **** happens
  10. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Backing in makes it much easier after the holdup. Never know when some idiot pulls in too tight and you have to do a three point maneuver . Then it is three hits and a cot.
    So ........... Always back in, for a better getaway.