1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do you back into your parking spot?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by AnimalYates, Jul 30, 2011.

1. billnorman

billnorman Rockstar 100 Posts

I think those who can back up should, but others, as referenced in the above post, would be better off pulling through two spots and parking so they don't have to back up if it's too difficult for them. I'm trying to figure how backing up ones truck affects national defense, but I just don't get it. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth", so say the scriptures. I see they won't win it or earn it, they shall inherit it after all the brave ones have left.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

2. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I always do. Being a medic, I've been taught and pre-programmed that this is the safest way due to blind spots, ect...plus, it's 100 times easier to get out. I even back my girlfriends car into parking spaces when I drive it.
  3. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

100% agree with BILLNORMAN...

In addition, when there is a lot of snow on the ground, and there are fewer parking spots, I like to crawl the truck up the side of the snow drifts.
  4. phonfish

phonfish New Member

Backin most of the time
    Wife pulls in forward all the time.
    My employer mandated that we backin whenever possible
  5. ChevyHD

ChevyHD Rockstar 100 Posts

Always back in. I can park a lot quicker because if I just pull in a usually back out and correct it. Plus growing up on a farm and driving semi makes you a very efficient backer upper. lol on X2 on what phonfish said. My employer Monsanto is full of safety freaks and they did studies on there parking lots. They recommend backing in whenever possible.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  6. Big B

Big B Member

'combat park', always ready!
    Some people say I'm paranoid, I call it 'ultra vigilant'.
  7. springtb

springtb New Member

Back in. Its way easier!
  8. DSKMAN

DSKMAN New Member

i always pull through in the morning at school i get there early and just pull through into my spot backing is no problem but its just kinda hard to tell how far you are from the car behind you with a truck
  9. tentoto50

tentoto50 New Member

Backup/ZFoward

Being that there are still inconsiderate dum ****s, Im one of those that if you see a black shortbed DEEP in the parking lot long walk,thats were i have my on choice of parking,It's very RARE i drive to work in it, but when i pull it out to stretch it's legs i do back in a corner spot, to answer the question, i guess it's just a truck thing,But yet seems easier..
  10. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I drive in most times, but i like to back into a spot if I am in a tight parking lot, in my work truck, or with crazies parking around me, then you can get the heck out of there!!