Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Do you have a LinkedIn Profile???

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Enkeiavalanche, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

So anyone??? 66 Views and no one on it??

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm on LinkedIn but I use it for strictly professional purposes (only co-workers and ex co-workers on it; setting is private), so I won't be posting it here. In a similar vein I use facebook for strictly personal purposes (not a co-worker or person I don't know face-to-face on it; setting is private) and also won't be posting it, here.

Tying too many online social tools together has inherent security risks (e.g. physical profiling, fiscal profiling, location profiling -- which are precursors to identity theft) associated with it -- to which I have elected not to subject myself. This is also why key information fields about me in each of the aforementioned social tools are also deliberately left blank or populated with erroeous data (i.e. disinformation) ... in addition to using all available security options.

Just imagine if your FB or LinkedIn accounts are hacked and all of that information is present -- it's an ID thief's wet dream. I'm not paranoid about it, rather, I'm simply prepared, as chance favours the prepared mind.

Some useful reading:

4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Much like Surreal, I have LinkedIn but keep it strictly professional. I'd prefer it not become just another Myspace/Facebook.

5. E_HILLMAN

E_HILLMAN Member 1 Year

Ditto ^

..I crack up when I see people updating statuses on it.

6. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

As already noted, my Linkedin profile is strictly business. Not posting a link for it here. For all the above-referenced reasons.