1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Do you show the White wall or Black wall on your tires?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by Mean_Green_95, Jul 22, 2009.

?

White or Black Walls

1. White-Walls

43 vote(s)
    22.8%
  2. Black-Walls

146 vote(s)
    77.2%
  1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I change tires at Sam's Club currently while in school at LSU. I have a lot of people asking for white letters in, so that the black side wall is out. I personally like white letters out, makes a vehicle look, Idk, more classy. What do you guys and gals think?

2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Black out, easier to keep clean. white letters look crappy if you don't keep em clean all the time.

3. Mean_Green_95

I agree, but I try to clean my truck as often as I can.

4. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

it all depends on the vehicle and the setup. if u have a silvy dropped to the ground with some 24's on it i would like to see it with blackwalls. if it was a silvy with some nice meats on whiteoutline for sure

5. Mean_Green_95

Well, I've never seen any low pro tires with any color other than black on it...

6. freddie

freddie Rockstar 100 Posts

I wish I could explain to all of you how the white letters or white walls are made so you could under stand it. But for the operator making that tire it is a nasty difficult tire to make. For those tires to cure out without any problem just about every part of that tires has to be perfect or it is scrap.
    But to answer the question I would rather have the black wall.

7. pontiacGTP123

pontiacGTP123 Rockstar 100 Posts

well I like mine with the white out.

Attached Files:

8. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

to me it just depends on the vehicle/wheels etc.past 3 of my trucks i had white lettering out.looked much better to me..
    Flame red 1997 Dodge ram
    green 1993 ford ranger
    white 2004 silverado

and i wouldnt let them get stained and look like crap..but if i had say black wheels or somthin like that id go with black out

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

cant really see the rangers but use your imagination!haha

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  9. Mean_Green_95

Well played with getting those tires, Those are some of the best tires on the market in my own opinion.

10. pontiacGTP123

pontiacGTP123 Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah my dad went through one set in 80,000 miles, cant beat that!