1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do you show the White wall or Black wall on your tires?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by Mean_Green_95, Jul 22, 2009.

?

White or Black Walls

1. White-Walls

43 vote(s)
    22.8%
  2. Black-Walls

146 vote(s)
    77.2%
  1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

nope, can't beat that at all. I wish I could afford them, so terribly much...
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

i like white out, but some trucks looks better with black out, all in the look
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

White wall or black wall?

I have black walls out because offroading just scrubs the white letters off. My wife has black out because she has lowprofile tires on 20s.
  4. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think it depends on the vehicle. My wife has white letters out on her silver Xterra and I have black walls on my Silvy. Personally I perfer black though.
  5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts

white out.............
  6. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

Last month I had a set of the new Wrangler MT/R's installed. The tread in uni-directional so they had to be mounted white side out. No punctures yet! Really good performance in the loose stuff too.
  7. kgibson181

kgibson181 New Member 1000 Posts

blackwall out for sure looks alot cleaner.
  8. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

technically they are not directional but asymmetrical so they can only be mounted one way but can be put on any of the wheel positions

just to let you know

but a great tire i love em
  9. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 New Member

I generally like white letters out... I even suggested that the tires on my fire companies fire truck get the lettering painted white. stock tires on my 08 silvy are black... i can't wait for new tires and i'm already shopping around!
  10. alrausch

alrausch New Member

I think it depends on the vehicle. Newer models I tend to think need blackwall, while your older, classier models of vehicles demand whitewall.