1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do you show the White wall or Black wall on your tires?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by Mean_Green_95, Jul 22, 2009.

?

White or Black Walls

1. White-Walls

43 vote(s)
    22.8%
  2. Black-Walls

146 vote(s)
    77.2%
  1. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Black out.
  2. Henchman

Henchman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I think on some vehicles the whites look good. I've got the black right now and I'm liking it. But my truck is black and it kinda flows.
  3. dirtlatemodelracer

dirtlatemodelracer New Member

4. CaptDave2007

CaptDave2007 New Member

Went on the 'net to see what range of opinions there were regarding white letter IN or OUT. White letter IN won by at least 85%. Perhaps the exception might be "show cars and customs"? How times and tire profiles have changed.
  5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

its funny because i would have to say 95% of the tire our shop installs the customer wants white out
  6. CaptDave2007

CaptDave2007 New Member

My web research was extensive. Black out won handily as I suggested, In fact, when I was having my Michelin XLT MS2's installed, Discount Tire asked me WO or WI. They also suggested that WI was the ONLY way to go. Given what I had learned on the 'net, I didn't argue. In the 60's I was WO 100%. Even bought tire crayons to re-highlight the white outlines. Guess even Tiger Woods will buck the norm and now go WO - wife OUT. :party:
  7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I love the white walls out, even on vehicles I don't clean (all of 'em :lol:). Black walls on a truck tire just doesn't look right in the least to me. They're dingy and dirty, but, it's a truck that's used!
  8. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Black out!!!!!
  9. 98Burban

98Burban New Member

Blackwalls IMO

In my opinion I prefer blackwalls bc I think it makes for a more clean appearance. Just my .02. New to the site and this is my first post so don't beat me up too bad. :great:
  10. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It just makes me happy that you chose my poll to make your first post. Welcome to GMTC.