1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

does 2003 gmc 2500hd have a double walled roof

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by randog83, May 1, 2010.

1. randog83

randog83 New Member

I am trying to find out if my 2003 crew cab 2500hd has a double walled roof, I want to put in a overhead gun rack and need to know if the ceiling is double walled or not. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Hopefully someone on here has had their headliner out to know for sure.
  3. randog83

randog83 New Member

Anybody have some information on this subject. I would appreciate it.
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

If you have an overhead console from the factory, then you have a double-walled roof. I believe some crew and extended cabs without the console have a double walled roof, and possibly the same for regular cabs. Mine is not double-walled, but I know that some regular cabs are. If you want to mount something to it though, you should probably take out the headliner anyway to amke sure you get everything lined up properly, so you can confirm then.
  5. ahm1127

ahm1127 Member

I would remove headliner as pm608 stated. You may also be able to check by removing 3rd brake light.