1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Does 92 K1500 with 5 spd have a clutch fork return spring?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by 92WT, Dec 11, 2012.

1. 92WT

92WT New Member

I noticed when changing my clutch that there is nothing in the design I can see that would make the clutch fork pull the throwout bearing away from the pressure plate. When the slave cylinder pulls back, the fork would only be moved as far as the springs in the pressure plate diaphragm push it and then it would stop. If there was a spring I can't see where it would have been located since there is no hole or possible detente for it on the fork, though it would have to have been a pusher spring behind the fork rather than a pulling spring for lack of somewhere to hook it.

Anyone know if there originally was some sort of spring inside the bellhousing to fully retract the clutch fork and throwout bearing or if it was just designed to ride on the pressure plate?

2. Muddigr

Muddigr New Member

If its a hydraulic clutch then when you release the pedal it automatically fulls the fork back away from the pressure plate.