1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Does a leveling kit void your warranty???

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by buike24, Dec 8, 2008.

1. buike24

buike24 New Member

Hey guys, just wondering if putting on a leveling kit voids your warranty. Thanks
  2. Wrecking-crew

Wrecking-crew New Member

personally i would check with a dealership just to be positive
  3. lex08

lex08 New Member

When i installed mine i asked the dealer and he said No it won't. The only way you lose warranty is if you installed a new lift kit which replaced factory components with new aftermarket ones. All a leveling kit does is add to what the factory offers. They even have a magnum ferguson act or something like that to protect vehicle owners who modify their vehicles and are denied warranty service, Unless the service facility can prove the modification caused the part failure... Good luck with that kit, They are fun to install. BTW dont forget to get a good alignment afterwards.:great:
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Awesome answer Lex! I asked my dealer before having my lift installed and got the very same answer. We have a thread here somewhere explaining that M/F act.
  5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

yup, what they said. ask the dealer first, but you should be ok as long as you do not replace factory parts