1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Does any state charge a milage tax???

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by the phantom, Jul 21, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I was hardly paying attention to some of the news the other night when I heard (I believe in NY) that someone in govt. is trying to introduce a tax based on the milage driven per vehicle. I know there is a fuel tax based on milage for some commercial vehicles but can this be done to passenger vehicles? To me its almost as if your being double taxed because of the taxes on the fuel itself. Sounds like just another money grab by NY to try and suck more money out of society and into govt.

Are there any states charging for this when you re-register every year or get vehicle inspected? Its bad enough NY is hooked up to your vehicle now on 96 and up checking that your monitors are ready and sensors are good (No Check engine light on).
  2. LoneWolf'burban

LoneWolf'burban New Member 100 Posts

Wow. So when are they going to hook a sensor up to our throats and charge us taxes on each breath we take and charge out the wazoo for those of us who smoke?
  3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

NY already charges out the wazoo for smokers. Not sure how much in other states but right now a pack of cigarettes is from $9-$10. If you buy indian cigarettes on the reservation you can get them for around $3.50 a pack. I dont smoke but I wouldnt be able to afford my truck if I did.