Does anybody have a fishing rod rack attached to the front of their silverado? Helppp

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by BigRed07, Jul 9, 2010.

1. BigRed07

BigRed07 New Member

Hey does anybody have a fishing rod holder attached to the front of their silverado...if you do how did you install it? Please any help will be great..thanks!

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Huh, I can't say that I've ever seen on on the front. I've seen guys make carry-along boxes that they haul with them, but that's about it. Do you have a specific brand in mind that you want to hook up?

I found some here: http://www.fishing-catalog.com/fishnmate/rodracks.html

3. Uncle Matt

Uncle Matt New Member

Big Red -

Although I don't have one, they are common up here on Cape Cod as well as New Jersey. Many of the locals that fish and drive the sand use them. From my many years driving the beaches, I have learned that many guys install trailer hitched to the front of their vehicles frames. They bear little weight so it's not necessary to get a 2 inch hitch.

In fact, many boaters up here beach their boats and actually push their boats back into the water using a pad they installed on their front hitches. Weird to see.

I would call your local Uhaul or hitch place and talk to them. They may be able to order you up one.

Others up here bolt one of those chrome rod holders to the front of their vehicles. Those are designed to only carry a few setups though. I myself wouldn't trust this type to carry my expensive gear around though.