1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Does anyone have rear A/C & "Heat controls on their [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by TrailLeadr, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have the rear A/C, but I saw a pic once of a 'burban that had both A/C, and Heat controls for the rear. I didn't think that was really an option. Every one I saw in person only had the rear A/C.

I'm thinking I might take the time to convert it to have rear heat as well.
  2. i think all the lt models come that way........though i may be wrong, and if i am correct me please.
  3. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

My '95 has three control dials on the rear control panel, one for fan speed, another for floor or vent selection and then a third for temp (hot & cold). As far as I know that is a pretty standard setup.

I know there is a seperate air unit in the back but I think there is just one heat system that does the whole truck. (just in case anybody cares, replacing the entire second AC unit costs $1020 :cry: Did it on Friday )
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, that's a good chunk of change. You probably need the heat in the back more than the AC in the back being in MN! It's the opposite down here in TX. The rig might be 150 inside. I had a dr. pepper explode on my dash about 5 years ago. :)
  5. Dieselburb

Dieselburb New Member

I have the front and rear A/C option in my Suburban, the only option the truck wasn't ordered with was the rear auxillary heater. It has the location on the dash for the controls(right below the rear A/C controls).
    The rear aux. heater is the next add-on to the Suburban that I'm doing. A local wrecker up here has the factory set-up for a $100.00CDN, makes it a cheap enough creature comfort addition.
    Steve, that Dr.Pepper must have been fun to clean up.
    Ron :D
  6. fmrmilbmbtec

fmrmilbmbtec New Member

How exactly does the rear A/C work?, are there freon hi and low pressure lines running back to a compressor?? Is it all enclosed in that little plastic housing? does it take special tools to get to it??
    I have a 95 GMC Sub as well.
    Thanks,
    Brandon
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's a good question. I have an open cargo area, so I don't have a clue.
  8. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

little late but yes there are hi/lo lines running to a second setup on the passenger side inside the fender wall.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.