1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Does anyone know exactly where the mirror temp sensor is?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by EdPDX, Dec 19, 2010.

1. EdPDX

EdPDX New Member

My 98 suburban has this temp/compass feature. Like so many others I have read about, the compass is fine the temp feature is not reporting. I have read the Haynes book- no luck. I have the complete shop manual for this model-no help that I can find. I think I know what part I need; I just don't know where the heck the part is mounted. :neutral::neutral:
  2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

Try to Google it,you should be able to find where it is that way.
  3. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

Isn't it between the mirror glass & the housing where it's protected from the wind chill?
  4. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts

Boy, I should remember this-1998 Suburban
    I'm seem to remember mine being behind the front "spoiler"-I'll take a look later today.
  5. carlsauction

carlsauction New Member

Check the connector on the back of the mirror really carefully mine had one of the pins pushing out the back of the connector. I fixed mine while waiting for my wife outside Target one day had to use a foil gum wrapper and some scotch tape, but it has worked for over a year since.
  6. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

X2 ,,,, a good possibility :great:
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010