1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Does anyone Know? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ljjcsautomotive, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone know if there is a company that makes and an EGR simulator for a 1999 5.7L 350 Vortec in my Suburban. I got a set of headers but they do not have the air tube for the EGR. The vehicle runs great just here in NY if the Check engine light is on it wont pass inspection. I either need a simulator or someplace that can reprogram my ecm so it does not need the sim.

[​IMG]
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Where did you get your headers? Are they made by a mfg or custom made?
  3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Re: Does anyone Know?

I had one on an 85 Camaro, but I bought it at a speed shop, and that was oh so many years ago. Try google. The way I remember it, it was just a glorified resistor with a connector.. Good luck.
  4. I got them from Gibson. They run about $475
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah, I would recommend a speed shop or other machine shop to see if they could help you out. I'll put feelers out and will let you know if I find anything.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.