Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Does anyone know if build plates are used anymore.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by WorthFlorida, Jan 4, 2013.

1. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida Member 2 Years 100 Posts

:happy:I have a 2012 Silverado and the window sticker did not have any options codes listed. I cannot find any plate or sticker, such as, so I know what the engine is other than 5.3L iron block (LM?) and other options from the factory.:glasses:

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Check the inside of your glove box and you should see a sticker. At least that's where it's located in my truck.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Heh, I read the title of this and was like 'what's a build plate?' I had no idea that was a term applied to the RPO code listing in the glovvie. :)

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

type your vin into this site: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php It will tell you what all of the RPO codes mean. It tells you everything that your truck rolled out of the factory with. Gear ratio, engine, alternator size, tire size, ...........

5. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Thanks, I did not know that they are called RPO but at one time they were a metal plate riveted on the firewall. The car would be build on the codes listed so I assume it was called a build plate for lack of a better term. Most options were coded and sometimes there would be a plate near the radiator mount (70's).

- - - Updated - - -

Great, I'll bookmark it.
    Thanks

6. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

7. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Haha, and there would be a paper copy under the rear seat cushion.