Does ANYONE make Smoked Turn Signals for Silverado tow mirrors on side of mirror?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was just curious if Recon or anyone else made Smoked turn signals for the 07-12 NNBS Silverado Tow mirrors not the one's inside the glass the ones that Led on the outside side of the mirror? I know they do for the Superduty's and everything just wish i could find some to put on my truck! Anyone know if they make them or can find them i would apprecite it allot! Thanks, Jake

2. Rockstarrchevy81

Does anyone know or would i just have to get them tinted with some Nightshade? I really would only use the Vht Nighshades on the 2 turn signals and would be a fairly easy process since they aren't that big. That's the last step but i would like to tint them with something else.. if anyone can find smoked turn signals lmk.

3. Fonze

Fonze Member

Did you check gorecon.com bro?

I think they have covers (or lights) for mirror turn signals but I don't really remember. If not, then I think just tinting them should look great! :great:

4. Rockstarrchevy81

recon only has them for the superduty and the dodges but might just be supperdutys ha. Thanks

5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

You could always remove the lenses and use some VHT Niteshade to tint them yourself.

6. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I'd like to see photos when you are done ...I'll bet the Niteshade products might work fine !!!??good luck

7. Rockstarrchevy81

Well i might buy a bottle of VHt nightshade tomorrow and see how it does on the turn signal lens. I got a question do the lense just pop off or does it all stay together? How would i need to sand the plastic lens down also and what grits would i need? I might use a clear coat with it so it looks allot better what would be the best clear coat?

8. TELORVEHC

I think it pops off but don't quote me on that. Also, check out this video, it gives you a really good walkthrough of how to tint tail lights but the method can be used for any light/ lens.--------->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSKA0ElKg1Q There's a part 2 as well in the description of the video.

9. Rockstarrchevy81

okay thanks man. I guess all i will need is 2-3 coats for each lense and a couple coats of clear also to give it that good look. I have seen people tint there tail lights before with the vht nightshade and it looks bad with scratchs you can see thru the paint! I hope this could all be done tomorrow but i'll see since i don't have anything to do tom. lol. I guess i'll pick up some sand paper,nightshade and clear coat in the mornin!

10. TELORVEHC

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!