Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Does ANYONE make Smoked Turn Signals for Silverado tow mirrors on side of mirror?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was just curious if Recon or anyone else made Smoked turn signals for the 07-12 NNBS Silverado Tow mirrors not the one's inside the glass the ones that Led on the outside side of the mirror? I know they do for the Superduty's and everything just wish i could find some to put on my truck! Anyone know if they make them or can find them i would apprecite it allot! Thanks, Jake

2. Rockstarrchevy81

Does anyone know or would i just have to get them tinted with some Nightshade? I really would only use the Vht Nighshades on the 2 turn signals and would be a fairly easy process since they aren't that big. That's the last step but i would like to tint them with something else.. if anyone can find smoked turn signals lmk.

3. Fonze

Fonze Member

Did you check gorecon.com bro?

I think they have covers (or lights) for mirror turn signals but I don't really remember. If not, then I think just tinting them should look great! :great:

4. Rockstarrchevy81

recon only has them for the superduty and the dodges but might just be supperdutys ha. Thanks

5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

You could always remove the lenses and use some VHT Niteshade to tint them yourself.

6. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I'd like to see photos when you are done ...I'll bet the Niteshade products might work fine !!!??good luck

7. Rockstarrchevy81

Well i might buy a bottle of VHt nightshade tomorrow and see how it does on the turn signal lens. I got a question do the lense just pop off or does it all stay together? How would i need to sand the plastic lens down also and what grits would i need? I might use a clear coat with it so it looks allot better what would be the best clear coat?

8. TELORVEHC

I think it pops off but don't quote me on that. Also, check out this video, it gives you a really good walkthrough of how to tint tail lights but the method can be used for any light/ lens.--------->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSKA0ElKg1Q There's a part 2 as well in the description of the video.

9. Rockstarrchevy81

okay thanks man. I guess all i will need is 2-3 coats for each lense and a couple coats of clear also to give it that good look. I have seen people tint there tail lights before with the vht nightshade and it looks bad with scratchs you can see thru the paint! I hope this could all be done tomorrow but i'll see since i don't have anything to do tom. lol. I guess i'll pick up some sand paper,nightshade and clear coat in the mornin!

10. TELORVEHC

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!