1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Does leveling your truck make the ride stiffer?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by cliff08chevy, Jun 14, 2010.

1. cliff08chevy

cliff08chevy New Member

I am looking to get a leveling kit for my 2008 1500 Texas Edition i was just wondering if the rid gets stiff??
  2. woodster

woodster New Member

No on the newer 1500 strut suspension if you do a kit that just puts a spacer on the top or bottom of the strut the ride will stay the same.
  3. bpaulk

bpaulk New Member

yep, what woodster said. I just did the readylift 2.25" level kit and it didnt change the ride a bit.
  4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X2 My readylift did not change the ride quality at all.
  5. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo Rockstar

same here on my 09. its as smooth as a babys butt
  6. cliff08chevy

cliff08chevy New Member

Thanks yall. So the best bet is to go with the readylift or daystar?
  7. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Definitaly readylift.
  8. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Readylift!
  9. cain73

cain73 Rockstar

what about combining the leveling kit with the rear block kits ? I want to run larger tires, but not sure I want the 6 " lift to get 35's under. anyone have experience with the leveling kit and the rear block kit ? I would also like to see if anyone has pics of this set up. I was thinking of putting on 275-70-r18 BFG's but wondered how that would look with the rear blocks spacing it out more to get the rake for braking and towing applications.
  10. woodster

woodster New Member

I know that Truxxx and Rough Country both have kits that include a rear block set up, but these kits are going to be designed to make the truck sit level, if it was me I'd go with the front spacer and maybe an add a leaf in the rear, it will give you 2" of lift and stiffen the rear end up for your towing set up.