1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Dome Lights and Sunroof don't work...

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by D Dysinger Racing, Jan 1, 2008.

1. D Dysinger Racing

D Dysinger Racing New Member

I have a 2001 Suburban, all three dome lights don't work nor does the sunroof... Can someone point me in the rite direction to solve this problem... where is the fuse for these items?

Thanks
    -dave

2. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

Most likely you have a broken/loose wire i highly doubt theyd put them on the same fuse. check your fuse boxes, (under the hood and in the truck) if you cant find them look in your manual, you may need it anyway to see which fuse is which, anyways, check the fuses, if there all good, then you need to find a schematic of the wiring and follow the wires and check them wherever you can for power and ground.

3. D Dysinger Racing

yeah thats what i was thinking...it happened when i was removing the dome light assemble...the lights when out after i was uninstalling the dome light over the driver and passenger in the front. i installed a flip down monitor and all worked except the interior lights, then i went to open my sunroof and noticed it was not working as well...so i have no idea what happened. so i guess i'll rewire the lights and the sunroof if i can't find the cause. thanks man

-dave

4. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

Try disconnecting the monitor to any ground/power cables you may have tampered with, but first always check the fuse. (learned the hard way many times)

5. D Dysinger Racing

thanks man...i have done all that already so i figured i must have broken a wire somewhere along the line...the truck will be going to the shop soon so they can figure it out...thanks for the advise

-dave