1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dome lights

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Black Chevy, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Black Chevy

Black Chevy New Member

Can any of ya'll tell me how to replace the bulbs in the dome light? Its a 2008 Silverado regular cab. I want to replace the bulbs that are in there with some UV LED lights. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. CS-10 86

CS-10 86 New Member

I have a crew cab, and on the front ones there are two notches towards the back of the lens and use a small flathead screwdriver to pop them out. The lens pops out fairly easy. From what i remember you only need to pop out the backside.
    On the the back dome light, the lens once popped out, swings from passenger to driver side, i think. I changed them out awhile ago, so i don't really remember. But all this means you only need to pry on one side and the lens just swings out.
    I changed my bulbs out with cool white high powered leds from superbrightleds.com
    Good luck