1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dome override

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by Quad racer#212, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Quad racer#212

Quad racer#212 New Member

I have a 99 s10. I cant get the dome override to kill the day time runing lights. Was this only in the 5 speed trucks or is there some thing wrong with my truck.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

What did you try to do re-guarding the Dome Override......to turn off the DRL's??
  3. Quad racer#212

I pushed the override 4 times and the day time runing lights did not cut off. They should go off
  4. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Dome lights refer to the lights in the cab that "normally" turn on when you open the doors. With the dome override pushed in, the dome lights should turn off. When I first bought my '98, I thought it didn't work either. I later learned that the dome lights are on a timer and turn off after about a minute after closing the doors or pushing the dome override.
  5. Quad racer#212

The dome over ride is turning the inside lights off. In my 2000 5 speed s10 if you push the dome overide swich 4 times back to back THE DAY TIME RUNING LIGHT CUT OFF. In my 99 this does not happen. So back to what i said in my first post is it there some thing wrong with the truck or was this only in the 5 speed trucks. my dome lights cut off as soon as i push the switch in
  6. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

That feature was not mentioned in the owner's manual to my '98, and doesn't have any effect on the DRL's. Perhaps it is a new feature for the '00 rather than a feature of the 5 speeds. Have you read through the owner's manual to see if it is mentioned?
  7. Quad racer#212

I dont have the owner's manual for this truck. A friend told me his 98 had it and was wondering why min did not work.. o well thanks
  8. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

9. Quad racer#212

Thanks i will give it a look.