1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Don Hewlett Chevrolet Review - Georgetown, Texas

Discussion in 'Car Dealer Reviews' started by Vincennes02261897, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Don Hewlett Chevrolet
    7601 S Interstate 35
    Georgetown, TX 78626-7508
    (512) 930-5881
    Open Mon-Sat 0800-2000

When I purchased my 2009 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 almost a year ago (mid-Feb 2010), I wasn't set on a Chevrolet. Truth be told, I had just set out to find the best deal on a new truck. I loved the look of Chevrolet and that's what I really wanted, but if the price was better, a Ford would have suited me just fine. In the end I visited the Ford, Dodge, and Chevrolet dealerships that are located on I35 North of Austin. Not only did Don Hewlett win my money, they won my respect.

Down Hewlett Chevrolet was top notch all the way. Their staff was courteous, welcoming, and genuinely friendly. Their facilities were clean, inviting, and modern. And they not only worked to earn your sale, but your friendship as well.

Scott Knowling was the particular salesman who helped me throughout the buying process and he did this while helping another family purchase a new car as well. The remarkable thing was that he was able to keep both families completely separate (they were in another office) while still making each of us feel like we had his undivided attention. What a hard worker! Furthermore, he made sure we knew of every potential discount that we could receive.
    "Do you all happen to bank with USAA?"
    ---Yes sir, we do.
    "Excellent, that's going to be another $1,000 off. Are you all members of a credit union?"
    ---Well, yes sir, we are.
    "That's great to hear. How about $900 off???"
    Questions went on. For some we were eligible, for some we were not, but he made sure to at least try to save us as much money as possible.

The evening ended with a handshake and a pat on the back and I was off in my brand new truckā€¦ just as proud as I could be and happier than I could have ever imagined with the service. But it didn't stop there. The service continued after the sale. Scott (the particular gentleman who sold me the vehicle), continued to call me roughly once a month for the first 5 (or so) months after the sale just to make sure everything was going well and that I was still enjoying my new truck. That was awesome!

And what's better? Free pit stops at Don Hewlett Chevrolet. All I do is drive my truck up to the service area and I get my tire pressure checked, air as needed, a car wash, windshield washer fluid added, oil added as needed, etc. Pretty nice, really.

So in the end, would I recommend Don Hewlett Chevrolet? Absolutely!

* * * * * (5 out of 5 stars)
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's awesome! Great write-up!
  3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

For sure great write up, mabey other dealers could learn from this, since most that i have been to have treated me like i was in the way. One dealer had me so mad, i backed out of the deal over $4 a month in payment.. So if they were willing to work with you and treat you that well i commend them as well.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Nothing like finding a dealer that's honest where you can trust the relationship.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Thanks for writing that up Vin. It's nice to hear about positive experiences with dealerships, when most everybody else is always harping about the negative side. :great: