1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

done.

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by foxbmx, Dec 31, 2008.

1. foxbmx

foxbmx New Member

my truck is done. blew up the motor the other day. cant afford to fix it. cant afford a new truck.
  2. bb55hrt

bb55hrt New Member

Thats a bummer. Have you considered checking craigs list for a used motor? I see 4.3L on there all day in my town. For a couple hundred and an afternoon you could be back on the road
    BB
  3. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

even at a good junk yard a couple hundred bucks for a 4.3, you can get a 350 just as cheap too for an upgrade.
  4. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts

Bum beal but this guy has a point. 350s are everywhere and you can pick one up probably cheaper than a 4.3 rebuild.
  5. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

C'mon... can't let the truck die here..!... give it life! Let it live!

Good luck
  6. oOcornflakeOo

oOcornflakeOo New Member

QUICK! Nurse, get me a 5/8ths socket, a can of liquid wrench, and 6 quarts of mobil 1 synthetic oil and a new oil filter STAT!!
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

We need to make a tiger team together to help get this truck back on the road.
  8. foxbmx

foxbmx New Member

my friend was saying the same thing too. go look through a junkyard for a new 4.3 liter v6 or a 350. so this is what im going to do. thanks for the help. and im only 17 so there was no way i was going to beable to afford a crate motor so i was almost forced to sell it and buy a old vw rabbit for 500 bucks. that wouldve killed me. haha.

thanks again, eric
  9. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

D'oh! Get the 350 and leave the Rabbit alone.
  10. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts

Keep us updated!
    And feel free to keep questions comming!