dont shift into second

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Burden33, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

hey guys the other day when i was in truck some guy in a riced out cavie try to pass me so wot in first my max rpm is set to 6500 so when the truck hit it it never switch to second gear it just cut out she keep the same speed but she will not switch to second wot unless i let off anyone know what the problem is.

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ouch, Burden. I have no idea what the problem is as I'm transmissions-stupid, but I hope you get it identified. That just doesn't sound good to me, at all...

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Which transmission do you have? 4 speed or 6 speed?
    Either way have you tried to change gears manually?
    Get a diagnostic done to see if it's throwing a code, could be a stuck servo or it could be a sensor not correctly responding to high line pressure.
    Either way It'll need a diagnostic to give you a starting point, even if you have no warnings on the dash it'll still throw a code, these new trucks throw codes for almost everything.

4. Burden33

Its the 4 speed transmission i had my programer read the codes but nothing came up

5. Burden33

well guys i figuer out the problem and it seems to be my programmer since when i return the trucck to the stock settings and tried it out it actually shifted. so u guess im going to be looking for a new programmer