Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Don't walk up stairs with a laptop in the dark...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Mean_Green_95, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This morning, I'm walking up the stairs of my apartment after taking he dog out, with laptop in hand, trying not to wake the girl on my couch, when all the sudden, my hand gets caught by the guard rail. I drop my lap top, and it makes a thunderous crash. The girl doesn't wake up, so I just pick it up and go up stairs. I lay down, open it up, and half of my screen looks like a Skittles rainbow...

Now I'm looking into a new laptop that I need to get before school starts, which is in a month...

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear about that dude. I've been there, broken laptop screens are no fun.

What's the make and model? I've found some replacement screens that you can get for pretty cheap ($100 or so) and it takes like 45 minutes and you're back in business...

3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had my old IBM Thinkpad on the tray of a 737 doing some work. The 300 lb fat lady sitting in front of me pulled the handle and slammed back as violent as I've ever seen anyone recline a seat. The screen top caught in the top of the headrest and snapped. It broke the top of the laptop and the screen popped out. I yelled out Son of a bitch and she turned and gave me a dirty look. I told her she just broke my laptop. She said "oh well"
    I bought a parts laptop on Ebay for 30 bux and fixed it. There's lots of them on Ebay for parts.

4. RussellFidel

RussellFidel Member

the other day i was cutting the grass, my dad got me this ipod holder that straps to your arm. he thought it would be real cool to use it when i cut the grass. so i tried it for the firs time. 10 minutes into the cut the velcro strap strait up failed and threw my ipod 2 inches from the mower deck. so i quickly shut off the mower and hopped off, before that the blade caught the strap sucking my ipod into the 3 bladed mower. within seconds my 120gb ipod was scattered across my lawn.

5. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

thats rough. i do landscaping for a living and i have ran over quite a few cell phones with equpment because i always seem to set them on the tire and get to talking, once that happens i forget and start driving whatever it is (skid steer, truck, lawn mower, tractor, etc)

6. Mean_Green_95

it a Tosiba something. I might look into getting a new screen, Idk though. And I feel yalls Ipod pains. My 30gig fell off my lawn mower, which was on my trailor at the time, while i was doing roughly 45. Luckily it was inside a leather case, and only ended up with two dents on the back. But now a few lines on the screen don't work, but I'm ok with that. I've found a HP for less than 400 that has all my needs, since I ue the laptop only for school...

7. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

Its probably cheaper to get a screen on ebay unless the laptop is old otherwise i'd just say get a new one. I'm always afraid im going to slip on something in the dark when im carrying my laptop too.

8. Mean_Green_95

Well, I just looked on ebay, and found a couple screens, no inverters. The highest was $90 with free shipping. The others were hovering around $80 with $10 shipping. Although there was one that was $150, and $10 shipping. But if I decide to replae the screen, can any one tell me what to look for, and what not to look for. I've already took the laptop apart so I know I can get in there. Any help would be appreciated.

9. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

If anything you can pick up a new laptop pretty cheap on ebay. My laptop I'm typing on I bought on ebay new about two years ago, still works great too.

10. Mean_Green_95

well, I'm thinking of letting my gf buy the new screen, then fix it for her and just buy me a new one.