1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dont want to buy a ready lift sst lift what r my options

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by dmaiden38, Dec 8, 2010.

1. dmaiden38

dmaiden38 New Member

I am wanting to put a mild lift and i want to put a ready lift on just dont want to spend a grand. My plan is to put 1.5 inch blocks and I am trying to figure out how to raise the front 4 inch like the ready lift sst lift kit. My question is can I install 1.5 body lift. Than in the front i want 2.5 inch keys with 1.5 body lift for 4 inches. I am wanting to run 295/70/17 toyo mt tires should i have any issues with rubbing. Thanks Daniel
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hi Daniel...I think your question is about a 2011? If so, I am speculating but I do not think that year has torsion keys. For a point of reference though, I had 285/70/17s without a leveling kit and still had a little room. Once I installed a 2 1/4" (or 2 1/2"...I can't remember now) leveling kit, I had plenty of room with those same tires. I would think that your 295/70/17s would fit with a 2 1/4" leveling kit, but please wait and see what other say.

On a side note, it will be helpful to others helping you if you filled out your signature information so that it posts automatically with your questions/comments.

Thanks!!
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  3. 1500ExtChevy

1500ExtChevy New Member

I do believe the newer Sierra's and Silverado's have more wheel clearance compared to the older models. I think like mfleetwood stated you should be capable with just the ReadyLift Leveling kit. Unless you really want 4" of lift just to have but the 2"-2.5" leveling kit would do you fine.

Your best bet since you want to do the leveling kit regardless for the front try it out first. So that way you have the leveling kit already and if you dont need the body lift you wont have to buy it. Good Luck and hope you find the info you need! Post some pics of your truck it would help greatly.
  4. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Daniel, I just ordered some Nitto Trail Grapps yesterday in a 295 70 R17 and I did a bunch of research on this tire size and I am very confident that there will be room for these tires with only running a 2.25" level kit. I have seen NNBS with 2.25 and 2.5" level kits running 285's which is what ReadyLift suggest you run with their level kit and there is room ( not enough for 35's) but some room left. The 4" kits look awesome, but like you I did not want to spend a grand on the kit and know that the 1k would turn into 3k before it was all said and done. ie: bigger tires, new wheels and regearing. Right Mike??
  5. mfleetwood

Waayyyyyy more money than the $1,000...also add to it skid plates since the stock z71 front diff plate won't fit, installation costs if you are having it done, possibly new shocks. I installed mine myself to save some money but still have spent about $3,000 already and am not quite done.
  6. 1500ExtChevy

1500ExtChevy New Member

Whats money if you cant play with it? But yet at the same time you can still be conservative. Daniel like everyone stated save some money try out the leveling kit, before you go with a body lift. After that go from there.
  7. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Pretty close with my 3k guesstiment....
  8. mfleetwood

Yep.....right on target!
  9. dmaiden38

dmaiden38 New Member

I have alrady went down the road of the torsion keys

I thought about just leveling it but man i love how the ready lift looks I say i am just going to do the leveling kit in the front and 1.5 body by zone with black xd wheels and toyo mt 295/70/17. I may want to go higher later and I know that i can put a 6inch lift later and still use the body lift. I just hate going to 5 or 6 inch lift so soon. I pull a bassboat alot I dont want to regear so 35s r out at this time. I will post sum pics. I got the z71 apperance package with the painted front end so i I am going white and black over the whole truck it should look sharp when i get finished.