Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Don't ya just hate that!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by moogvo, Nov 28, 2012.

1. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Last tuesday night, on the way back from fire training, I went hunting. I got one too. Sadly, I was not wearing camo, sitting in a tree or carrying a gun. Don't ya just HATE when that happens!

2012-11-21_11-49-54_123.jpg

Fortunateely, my insurance agent is a car guy and understands that to some guys, a car's value is not based on a book. I hope to have this taken care of within a week or two.
  2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

That sucks, glad that deer didnt jump up into your windshield and caused more trouble. I drive around during the day and I can tell where a deer has been hit due to the blood marks left on the pavement. But seriously I am a lot more cautious driving at night this time of year. I am sure you'll be happy when your truck is put back together.
  3. moogvo

I am eager to get started on it to be sure. I am going to do the work myself on this. The worst of it is a bend in the core support. I am going to try to straighten it out. Otherwise, I will order a new one from LMC (or some such vendor) I would rather keep the almost $1000.00 in labor in my pocket!

I will be sure to take pics of the reconstruction.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That stinks, I am glad that you are ok. Looks like you may have gotten lucky. Is there any damage to the hood or fenders? Is it just bumper, grill, lights, core support? Did you keep the deer?
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I had one of those Grills for the Longest time sitting in my Garage from my 98 Tahoe.. I think I sold it about 3 years ago... Glad to see your OK.. does not look that bad.. Keep us posted....
  6. moogvo

Only thing hurt was my pride... both when it happened and every time I have had to drive it since. There is no sheet metal damage. The core support is tweaked. I haven't seen where just yet, but once I get my parts together I will take it out if need be.

Hey! On the bright side, I get a new grille without the chrome peeling off, clean new headlights and I am going to put a "diesel bumper" back on in place of the standard one. (For those who are unaware, the Diesel bumper is the one with the air holes on both sides of the license plate bracket.) They used them on some Tahoes for a while, using the holes to put in driving lights.
  7. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Are you getting the LMC grill? If you are which one the OEM or the full chrome, because I would love to know how you like it once you get it, cuz I want to replace my front grill which is peeling all over.
  8. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

That Diesel bumpers look good, so that is a great decision! Your front in will be nice and new just don't look at the rest of it :lol:
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

HHmmm Do I hear Cold Air intake?? From the new bumper....
  10. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

ouch! glad your ok....

Alex