Don't ya just hate that!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by moogvo, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks good. I thought that you were putting a diesel bumper with cut outs on it. The rims look nice and clean. In my opinion they really changed the way the truck looks. (for the better) I am not a fan of the bullet hole rims.

2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Thats what happened with mine too, and mine wasnt even as bad as yours, i found a pic of what mine were here it is.......
    Deer accident.jpg

3. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I found them on Craigs a couple of months ago for $100.00. I had to drive about an hour to get them, but that's fine since I LOVE to drive.

Pikey, I DID order the Diesel bumper but they called me back and told me that they were out of them and would not be getting any more of them any time soon. I had to bite it and move on... *sigh*. I have to re-order the impact strip on the bumper because the tabs on the driver's side of the bumper broke so it doesn't lay flat against the bumper. I also had to trim for the license plate holder too.

4. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Lovin those wheels on your truck. Nice to see your truck is almost back in shape.

5. moogvo

Thanks! It is going to have to go to the body shop. There is something wrong that I can't find. None of the parts fit right.

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

digging the new(old) rims on there, looks great!

Alex

7. 1953bowtieguy

ya those new wheels you got on there look good.

8. moogvo

So, we had a local body shop sprout up like a chia pet that I just found today. I went there to see if they could be of assistance in fixing my fitment issues. Turns out to be a cheap filler panel causing the problem. I'll get another one from the yard as soon as one comes available.

I was complaining that I wanted to take the bug deflector off but that the paint was badly stained behind it. He told me that he could wet sand and buff it all out. He also demonstrated that he could erase scratches in the paint and give the finish a mirror like shine. I am going to have him to do the whole truck. He cleared the stains in about 2 minutes and I finally have been able to remove the bug shield.

This guy is AWESOME!

I also stripped the pin stripes off of the truck and love the way it looks. The original intention was to re-stripe it, but once I got them off, I loved the look of it. So they are gone. I am also considering stripping the "CHEVROLET" Aluminum tailgate band off. I HATE the way it looks... Always have. I have considered getting the replacement decal from LMC Truck that says "CHEVROLET" in vinyl. Next on the "kill" list might be the aluminum wheel opening moldings. I am also kicking the idea around to remove the bodyside molding.

9. 1953bowtieguy

What you didnt like the bug deflector??

10. moogvo

Not really. I am really starting to like the "less is more" look. The body shop guy tells me that he has paint in my color, so I am also thinking about losing the diamond plate bed rails and having them re-painted if needed. I may replace them with ABS plastic ones and add a tonneau cover. The window vent shades are just okay for me and since I don't smoke anymore, I never need to roll the windows down in the rain. Those may be short for the world too...

I DO have to say that I HAVE thought about putting SS stripes on the hood and roof in Silver and painting the bottom of the truck silver below the body molding (if I leave it on)