Don't ya just hate that!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by moogvo, Nov 28, 2012.

1. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Well is the bug deflector still in decent shape?? And i kinda think that your pickup would look good with the mirrors and the bug deflector painted instead of black. And for your bed rails, i think they look good chrome, but they actually might look good painted too.:neutral:

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I agree with [MENTION=12002]moogvo[/MENTION] I hate bug deflectors. My truck had one at one point and it ruined the paint on the front of the hood.
    2012-11-20_06-38-09_818.jpg 2012-11-20_06-38-01_869.jpg

3. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Ya but how would it do that? just all the rain water that would get collected in there, wouldnt that blow out anyway when you are going down the road?

4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I don't know I didn't own the car when it happened. It may be where it was parked that caused rain to collect overnight.

5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

It's great to hear you found a good shop to help you out. I say go for it. I'm not a huge fan of the tailgate bands either. I think it would look good in the vinyl.

6. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The bug deflector is junk. It has a lot of UV damage. They were a big fad in the 90s but I rarely see anything new with them. On the one hand, I like the look of it and the truck now looks like something is missing, but I'm sure I will get used to it... Like when a friend gets new glasses or a different hair cut...

I am really not into all that aftermarket stuff. Some of it is okay, but the aftermarket stuff I like has to look factory. If it doesn't look like it came that way, it just looks like an afterthought to me. The vehicle should be as seamless as a piece of fabric. Custom wheels and a bunch of bolt on stuff looks more like rips in the fabric unless they are part of a total custom scheme that all flows together.

My conversion van, for example... It has aftermarket wheels. Since the entire van has been customized from stem to stern, factory wheels would look out of place, and it would look like an area that had been overlooked.

The bug deflectors are notorious for catching leaves and debris, holding water in causing stains and rust. That's really why I dont care for them...

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

all three of my trucks have had bug bouncers on em, never had a problem with them.

Alex

8. moogvo

Bug bouncers! LOL!

9. moogvo

I finally got the nose all back together. She's looking great. I am going to send her in for a wet sanding/buffing job soon...

2012-12-14_09-25-56_662.jpg 2012-12-14_09-26-11_108.jpg

10. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looks great man!

after a wet sand and polish that paint will really shine!

Alex