Don't ya just hate that!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by moogvo, Nov 28, 2012.

1. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Not to bad, when I was young my grand parents had a 1966 GMC and they hit a deer. It tore up that truck! Don't know how fast they were going but as a child I was amazed at the damage. Could have been a lot worse!

2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I am back on the road and happy to say that the truck is done... except maybe for a buffing job and I am thinking about putting a bull bar on the front...

The truck is happy again and ready to go back to work!

2012-12-15_13-57-45_745.jpg 2012-12-15_13-58-05_227.jpg 2012-12-15_14-01-41_998.jpg 2012-12-15_16-33-55_166.jpg

The last shot is of my buddy Abdul doing some detail work on the truck. He's AWESOME!

3. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Shes looking good but didn't you forget to but the liscence plate braket back on??

4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looks good moogvo!

not sure how a bull bar would look on your truck tho. id have to see pictures.

Alex

5. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I know i think a bull bar would look good on it.

6. moogvo

I didn't forget... I have it behind the seat. The impact strip is not cut out for it and covers the top mounting holes. I may eventually cut them out and mount the bracket. I don't have a plate to put on it yet though.

7. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Looks perfect the way it is now IMO

8. moogvo

Thank you! I agree that I like the factory look best of all. I would like to add a set of off-road lights but don't want to drill the bumper. that's the only reason I would be inclined to put a bull bar on.

I would also like to take off the diamond plate bed rails and see what's underneath. I have a feeling it won't be pretty! (Love teh Big Bronco in your sig, ChromeSilver... I am an FSB guy too!)

[​IMG]

9. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I gotcha, drilling in the bumper can be a pain but the stock front looks better so its a tough call. But I saw you posted the FSB before, personally I love them, do like that your color too.

10. Tailhunter

Tailhunter New Member

Nice job on the rebuild! Ever think of taking the striping off the side? I really like the way mine turned out after a hailstorm/girl backed into me/ deer ran into the driver side of the truck.

for sale 013.jpg