1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Don't ya just hate that!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by moogvo, Nov 28, 2012.

1. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Not to bad, when I was young my grand parents had a 1966 GMC and they hit a deer. It tore up that truck! Don't know how fast they were going but as a child I was amazed at the damage. Could have been a lot worse!
  2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I am back on the road and happy to say that the truck is done... except maybe for a buffing job and I am thinking about putting a bull bar on the front...

The truck is happy again and ready to go back to work!

2012-12-15_13-57-45_745.jpg 2012-12-15_13-58-05_227.jpg 2012-12-15_14-01-41_998.jpg 2012-12-15_16-33-55_166.jpg

The last shot is of my buddy Abdul doing some detail work on the truck. He's AWESOME!
  3. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Shes looking good but didn't you forget to but the liscence plate braket back on??
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looks good moogvo!

not sure how a bull bar would look on your truck tho. id have to see pictures.

Alex
  5. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I know i think a bull bar would look good on it.
  6. moogvo

I didn't forget... I have it behind the seat. The impact strip is not cut out for it and covers the top mounting holes. I may eventually cut them out and mount the bracket. I don't have a plate to put on it yet though.
  7. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Looks perfect the way it is now IMO
  8. moogvo

Thank you! I agree that I like the factory look best of all. I would like to add a set of off-road lights but don't want to drill the bumper. that's the only reason I would be inclined to put a bull bar on.

I would also like to take off the diamond plate bed rails and see what's underneath. I have a feeling it won't be pretty! (Love teh Big Bronco in your sig, ChromeSilver... I am an FSB guy too!)

[​IMG]
  9. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I gotcha, drilling in the bumper can be a pain but the stock front looks better so its a tough call. But I saw you posted the FSB before, personally I love them, do like that your color too.
  10. Tailhunter

Tailhunter New Member

Nice job on the rebuild! Ever think of taking the striping off the side? I really like the way mine turned out after a hailstorm/girl backed into me/ deer ran into the driver side of the truck.

for sale 013.jpg