1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Donut Gasket

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 95Chevyk1500, Dec 20, 2009.

1. 95Chevyk1500

95Chevyk1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

anyone ever done a donut gasket? my truck has a tbi 350 and i'm not lookin forward to this project. it'll be nice though b/c i'll be able to hear the flowmaster rather than a rattly exhaust leak
  2. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

in maine i would probly hit them with pb blaster for a couple nights before bed that way you only break half of the manifold studs but after that they just sit inside the lip of exh. man. then you put the pipe back up and tighten the three nuts per side
  3. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

yeah don't make the same mistake i did... the lip goes inside the manifold not in the pipe. replaced them both on my wife's 98 Suburban and even with brand new donut gaskets in them there was still exhaust leaks and it sounded all throaty and weak. once the new gaskets were installed properly and everything tightened up the right way it's a completely different truck. nice and quiet and a lot more powerful. of course the E3 plugs helped out a lot that way too.
  4. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I agree with azdrtdog, when I replaced mine I followed this method and no issues.:great:
  5. 95Chevyk1500

95Chevyk1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks guys. This aint gunna be fun, its been friggen cold haha
  6. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for the info, hopefully completing this week. new gaskets every where!