1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Door Chimes, where did the go?1

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BlueEagle, Sep 18, 2012.

1. BlueEagle

BlueEagle Member

Hey guys sorry if this has been posted before, if it has I couldn't find anything on it. My door chimes stopped working the other day in my 2007 silverado. I don't understand what happened. You can barely hear the chime coming from the tweeter speaker in the A Pillar. Any guess on how to fix this? Thanks for you time
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I know that on trucks with the Bose system the chimes play through the stereo ... which would cause me to look for a loose wire, loose harness connection, blown tweeter (verifiable if music has an issue, too), or check the Bose amp's channels (also verifiable if music has an issue) etc. for trucks with Bose.

I apologize for the limited knowledge on this, as I've only worked on the chimes on a truck with Bose. I can't speak for non-Bose trucks. I'm also not sure what I'd chase down beyond these items. Perhaps others can lend more experience.
  3. BlueEagle

BlueEagle Member

Mine is a None BOSE system, and the chimes run through the radio. I beleive any GM car built from 2003 or later the chimes run through the radio, dont hold me to that though. Its strange I will have to check the wiring, I cant imagine the speaker being blown. I dont listen to my music that load and I havent had any issue with the quality of the music as well. Is there a fuse or relay of some sort that would have to be replaced maybe?

Thanks again
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't know on the fuse side of things ... as I tore my Bose system out, completely (which is how I learned that chimes run through the radio; I replaced them with a chime module :) ).

Another thought ... could it be the micro-sensor in the driver's side door switch? One way to test this would be to see if you still have chimes in a situation when the chimes might alert you while the driver's door is closed -- say when the vehicle is in gear and the passenger door is open?
  5. BlueEagle

BlueEagle Member

I will have to try that out tomorrow morning and see if the chimes sound. Its jut strange that when I have the keys in the ignition and the door open I can hear them but very very faintly. Leads me to believe its an audio problem, but I will check that out.
  6. BlueEagle

BlueEagle Member

Ok so I checked the doors yesterday and its the same for all door. So its it something to do with the system
  7. chevykid92

chevykid92 New Member

I am having the same problem with my 07 NBS. The chime comes and goes, some times its loud and some times its quiet. I can fade/ballance the radio to the front left speaker and the only music i hear comes form the pillar speaker. The radio seems to work fine and all the other speakers work fine so im starting to wonder if there is a wire broke in the door jam, or maybe a bad speaker. Ive tried carefully wiggling the wires in the door jam and still nothing so im kinda stumped.