Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Door Handle issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mebcop, Mar 13, 2010.

1. mebcop

mebcop New Member

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my drivers side door handle. When I open the door from outside, the handle doesn't go all the way back in when I let go of it. This is causing door lock issues when it's closed, because the door lock wouldn't release with the handle sticking out like that and I was locked in my truck :rofl: Once I rolled the window down and pushed the handle back in it would unlock.

This lead to my second issue. Now it seems like I may have bent something.... Now, even with the door handle in, you have to push the lock/unlock button a couple times to get it to slide all the way either way...

What needs to be replaced for the door handle to pull back into the door, and what should I look at while I'm inside to make the lock slide nicely again...

Thanx guys!

2. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

What's your truck info..........

3. mebcop

mebcop New Member

Sorry...

It's a 99 silverado 2500 LS

I has power locks and windows, if that matters...

Thanx