1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Door Handle Replacement HELP - 03 Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jet89, Mar 23, 2010.

1. jet89

jet89 Member

Ok so i have the inside door panel taken off and have taken off part of the clear water deflector. At this point i have access to two of the nuts that hold the door handle in place.

However i cant find a way to access the third nut on the upper part of the handle, toward the front of the truck.

I found the opening in the metal which would give me access to the nut, but it is being blocked by a metal bracket, or guide, or something, that seems to be holding the window in place. From a side view i can see that it is 'U" shaped which the window is sitting in. And like i said, it is right in front of where this nut is. So i cant get to it.
    Any suggestions/ideas?
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Here is a link that has step by step on removing Door Handles,

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/images/UploadedImages/instructions/GrippinGMInsta
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  3. hildy19

hildy19 Rockstar 100 Posts

This shouls help me too thanks