1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

door handle replacement

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by Silverado Junkie, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Wel my inner door handle broke on my '95 Silverado and so I had to replace it. When you go to buy a new door handle, you have to buy the whole assembly with the electric lock unless you go to a salvage yard, but luckily AutoZone sells em for $25. All you have to do to replace the handle is remove the two phillips screws from the hand hold you use to shut the door, then romove the outside face around the door handle. Then pull the door panel off. Be sure to unhook your buttons on the door from their electrical plug ins to get the panel off. Then drill out the rivet holding on the door handle assembly on and unhook the rod on the back of the door handle. Install your new handle assembly and rivet it back in. The assemble the way you dissasembled it.
    1 person likes this.