Door Jamb Switch

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by cbs10, Apr 12, 2013.

  1. cbs10

    cbs10 New Member

    Hi I am Charles. Live in NC I have a 94 chevy s10 that I would like to fix up. Just a spare time project.
    Need to know how to install a door jamb switch. Mine has been pushed back into the hole and I need to know how to get at it to put in a new one. Thanks in advance.:happy:
  2. RayVoy

    RayVoy Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

    I had one of those trucks, and I remember the switch, but I don't recall if the switch was mounted on the door, or on the frame.

    If on the door (and I think that is where it was), you must remove the inner door trim panel, usually a couple of screws near the arm rest/door pull. They are usually behind a plastic cover. the edge of the panel has plastic push pins that go into holes on the metal door, carefully pop these out with a flat tool.

    If it is on the door frame, the plastic trim piece (in the foot well) will need to be removed.
  3. cbs10

    cbs10 New Member

    It is actually on the frame of the truck and the door closes on it. It has been pushed back into the hole which looks like it is beneath the glove box and somehow I will have to remove something in this area to get to switch.
  4. donyms

    donyms Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

    Welcome to the club Charles, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:
  5. SurrealOne

    SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

    Welcome from the RTP (Triangle) area of NC! :great:
  6. retired2001

    retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

    Welcome to the G M T C !

Share This Page

Newest Gallery Photos