1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Door Jamb Switch

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by cbs10, Apr 12, 2013.

1. cbs10

cbs10 New Member

Hi I am Charles. Live in NC I have a 94 chevy s10 that I would like to fix up. Just a spare time project.
    Need to know how to install a door jamb switch. Mine has been pushed back into the hole and I need to know how to get at it to put in a new one. Thanks in advance.:happy:
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I had one of those trucks, and I remember the switch, but I don't recall if the switch was mounted on the door, or on the frame.

If on the door (and I think that is where it was), you must remove the inner door trim panel, usually a couple of screws near the arm rest/door pull. They are usually behind a plastic cover. the edge of the panel has plastic push pins that go into holes on the metal door, carefully pop these out with a flat tool.

If it is on the door frame, the plastic trim piece (in the foot well) will need to be removed.
  3. cbs10

cbs10 New Member

It is actually on the frame of the truck and the door closes on it. It has been pushed back into the hole which looks like it is beneath the glove box and somehow I will have to remove something in this area to get to switch.
  4. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Charles, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome from the RTP (Triangle) area of NC! :great:
  6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !