Door Lock Actuator Problem in 01 Burb

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by palmergg, Aug 4, 2010.

1. palmergg

palmergg New Member

I am having problems with passenger door lock actuator in 2001 Suburban, but cannot find the actuator anywhere. My original has 3 plugs (evidently number #3 is for anti-theft) but all I find only have 2 plugs. Seems that PN is 16637780. I've struck out on the web and at local parts dealers and junk yards. Stealership wants $250 to replace entire latch mechanism. Any help? ​

2. palmergg

palmergg New Member

This is what I need to replace...

IMG00111-20100804-2124.jpg

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Try this
    Or this...
    Or this one..

Hope that gets you started! Good luck with your actuator issue.

4. palmergg

palmergg New Member

Springthing, first, thanks for the response! I looked at those, though, and none have the "3rd wiring connection" as shown on the top left of the part in my picture above....

Not sure what, if anything, will happen if I buy a different part and leave those two wires disconnected.

5. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Maybe call parts geek and tell them what you have. They may be able to help?

Again, good luck!

6. mthomas

mthomas Rockstar

actuator

still looking.i bet your burb has keyless entry.right

7. palmergg

palmergg New Member

Yep, still hunting junkyards, etc. Yes, it's a 2001 Suburban 1500 LT, with keyless entry and antitheft. Local yard looking as we speak...

8. mthomas

mthomas Rockstar

chevy dealer here say list price is$110.00

9. palmergg

palmergg New Member

that's strange....why would 1 stealership say "$235 and need the whole latch mechanism" and another say $110? You didn't happen to get a part # did you?

10. mthomas

mthomas Rockstar

i gave them your # 16637780