1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Door Lock Issues on 1999 Suburban

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by JustinKukuc, Feb 8, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. JustinKukuc

JustinKukuc New Member

Hello Everyone,

Newbie to the forum here. I had a quick question regarding my issue that I am having with my door locks. I just installed a Pioneer aftermarket CD Deck and noticed that my rear speakers weren't working so I read up and saw that there is a factory amp for the rear speakers and found where it was located and stripped the wires and took out the factory amp. The problem I am having now is before I did this my door locks would lock and unlock with the keyless entry remote and with the switch on the door. My issue that I am having is my unlock will still work but the lock feature just honks the horn and doesn't lock the doors. When I try to lock the doors using the switch it just blows the fuse. Is there something that I bumped into or did something just stop working? I tried to reconnect the amp and all wires to see if that was the issue but it didn't fix the problem. I am not sure why they would unlock fine but when I hit the lock button it blows? The keyless remote does unlock them but will not lock. Any help would be appreciated as I am baffled.

Thanks.
    Justin