Door Lock Issues on 1999 Suburban

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by JustinKukuc, Feb 8, 2010.

1. JustinKukuc

JustinKukuc New Member

Hello Everyone,

Newbie to the forum here. I had a quick question regarding my issue that I am having with my door locks. I just installed a Pioneer aftermarket CD Deck and noticed that my rear speakers weren't working so I read up and saw that there is a factory amp for the rear speakers and found where it was located and stripped the wires and took out the factory amp. The problem I am having now is before I did this my door locks would lock and unlock with the keyless entry remote and with the switch on the door. My issue that I am having is my unlock will still work but the lock feature just honks the horn and doesn't lock the doors. When I try to lock the doors using the switch it just blows the fuse. Is there something that I bumped into or did something just stop working? I tried to reconnect the amp and all wires to see if that was the issue but it didn't fix the problem. I am not sure why they would unlock fine but when I hit the lock button it blows? The keyless remote does unlock them but will not lock. Any help would be appreciated as I am baffled.

Thanks.
    Justin