Door not locking/unlocking

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by GoFastSam, Dec 7, 2012.

1. GoFastSam

GoFastSam New Member

The right side rear passenger door wont lock or unlock. Upon taking the door panel off, plus the handle mechanism that opens it, I found that it had cracked/missing a little piece on the inside (i'll take pictures tomorrow). No big deal, i'll just try to keep the manual door lock from coming apart by using tape. Still wouldnt open the door with my temporary fix. The door unlock remote wouldn't open that door either. I found that if I reach my hand in there, I can manually lock and unlock it from inside. But I want to put my panel back on and fix it all up again. What could it be? Is this a job i can fix myself? Also, the little wires that come out of the speaker got pulled out from the plug, how do I re-wire that? (will take a picture tomorrow also).

Thanks

2. Jamm3r

Jamm3r Member 2 Years 100 Posts

There's a little clip that holds the lock rods in place in the hole in the latch mechanism. The stock ones are metal, and most aftermarket ones are plastic. So if someone's been in there before you may have a plastic one, and if it broke while you were working on it, you'll have to replace it or the rod won't stay attached. They're cheap and available at Rock Auto and most parts places.