Door not locking!

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by no0b123, May 22, 2008.

1. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I have the base model of the Classic Silverado; no power windows or power locks. Recently I was checking out my truck and I pulled on the passenger door handle to confirm that my truck was locked (I have a key clicker and I am paranoid about security). My passenger door opened, and the car alarm goes crazy. I shut the door, use my clicker, and the truck is locked..... but only the driver side door :grrrrrr:

So basically my passenger side door cannot be locked by my clicker anymore. It can be unlocked, but not locked. Now I have to manually reach over and lock the passenger side door and THEN arm the alarm. How can I fix this and what is wrong? The passenger side door used to always lock just fine.

2. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre Rockstar 100 Posts

t sounds like you have a problem with the loking mecanisin in the door. I would pull of the door panel and make sure everything is kosher.:great:

3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

mine does the same thing basically. when i go to lock it it only locks maybe 10% of the time on the drivers side but always locks on the passenger side. must be a lose wire or something

4. no0b123

Exactly, maybe like 10% of the time it works. Maybe it's a Silverado thing because my dad's truck is that way too :no:

I'll ask him to help me with it.

5. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

theres probably a switch/relay in the panel that tells it to close or open, you'll definately have to pull the door panel, it's pretty simple though.

6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

yea i dont really think its worth pulling the door panel off and trying to figure it out. i just do it manually

7. no0b123

But I have minor OCD :lol:

Forgot to post this, but my dad actually figured out the problem! Something was broken/ came undone inside and and he fixed it for me. I'll ask him what it was exactly.