1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Door not locking!

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by no0b123, May 22, 2008.

1. no0b123

no0b123 New Member ROTM Winner

I have the base model of the Classic Silverado; no power windows or power locks. Recently I was checking out my truck and I pulled on the passenger door handle to confirm that my truck was locked (I have a key clicker and I am paranoid about security). My passenger door opened, and the car alarm goes crazy. I shut the door, use my clicker, and the truck is locked..... but only the driver side door :grrrrrr:

So basically my passenger side door cannot be locked by my clicker anymore. It can be unlocked, but not locked. Now I have to manually reach over and lock the passenger side door and THEN arm the alarm. How can I fix this and what is wrong? The passenger side door used to always lock just fine.
  2. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre New Member

t sounds like you have a problem with the loking mecanisin in the door. I would pull of the door panel and make sure everything is kosher.:great:
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

mine does the same thing basically. when i go to lock it it only locks maybe 10% of the time on the drivers side but always locks on the passenger side. must be a lose wire or something
  4. no0b123

Exactly, maybe like 10% of the time it works. Maybe it's a Silverado thing because my dad's truck is that way too :no:

I'll ask him to help me with it.
  5. 383man

383man New Member ROTM Winner

theres probably a switch/relay in the panel that tells it to close or open, you'll definately have to pull the door panel, it's pretty simple though.
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

yea i dont really think its worth pulling the door panel off and trying to figure it out. i just do it manually
  7. no0b123

But I have minor OCD :lol:

Forgot to post this, but my dad actually figured out the problem! Something was broken/ came undone inside and and he fixed it for me. I'll ask him what it was exactly.