1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

door panel and latch help

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by bobartz, Mar 16, 2009.

1. bobartz

bobartz New Member

have a 97 tahoe. you have to pull really hard on the inside handle to open the door on the drivers side. opens easily,from the outside handle. tryed to get the inside door panel off but was not sure of the correct way. any help would be appreciated Thanks Bob
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Theres prying tools avaible to help remove panels or just pull slowly and they pop-off. Had same type issue with my 96 Suburban and simple spray lubed cleared up problem
  3. bobartz

bobartz New Member

Thanks tried good old w.d 40 several times with no luck. I think the 182k just wore it out unless the pull rod has an adjustment on it. Bob
  4. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

5. Kady

Kady New Member

They're plastic and they are known for letting go. I've had to replace all four in my Suburban. 20 bucks at the auto parts store and you're all set.
  6. bobartz

bobartz New Member

thanks moderator. just what i needed Bob
  7. bobartz

bobartz New Member

thanks. that will get the job done Bob